Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cresting

Seriously, I am okay. My blogs in the past months are really damn depressing. Yikes. I will blame Seasonal Affective Disorder and move on from it.

Today...we need something light.

Zoe told me her favorite movie is Frozen. It used to be The Wizard of Oz, before that The Princess Bride. She might finally have one appropriate for her age group. ha.

She asked me what mine was...I always say the same thing, The English Patient. However, I have lots of movies that I put on constantly that are sort of like going home. I'm not saying they are uplifting...but I seem to lean toward the script. I love good dialogue. I love good conversation. I love movies that shed light on fucked up families. And some that have great scripts that just make me feel good.

In absolutely no particular order...I'm choosing the first ten that come to me, or I'll sit here for hours and do this.

The Big Chill
One True Thing
The Family Stone
Wonder Boys
Moonlight Mile
The Way We Were
The Four Seasons
When Harry Met Sally
You've Got Mail
Out of Africa

Okay, one more...because I can't leave out Tootsie. I really love Tootsie.

See! I made it without anything grim or whiny!!!

(The sun is out today...that helps.)

No comments: