Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Interiors

I spent my day cleaning, watching the girls make a mess, cleaning up the mess...and then feeling behind. After days of putting away the decor, it is done. This is my life. Dad called today. He was just about to cross over the border to Mexico. I suppose I always wonder if that's the last time I'll talk to him. He said he'd be drinking coffee from his mug like mine. He was very sweet. I only see him about once  year now. Kind of sad. But at least they are quality visits.

There is something about watching my children grow...and feel badly that my parents don't really know them. My mom used to come all of the time...but now she is afraid to fly. Not sure what she's gong to do. There certainly does not seem to be any race to get here or anything. OH WELL.

That's what therapy is for. I go Thursday. I can express my  hurt feelings and she can get me to figure out where they originate...and so on. Oh how the world would be a better place if everyone went to therapy--and had a good therapist. I had a bad one for a year and she almost ran me into the ground. I had never felt so awful than after leaving her office. She drove me into the lowest of the lows. Plus she told me that I should get divorced. Ummm...I've never even mentioned divorce. That's the last thing on my mind. So, I divorced her.

Therapy is always good, I think. We are all alone in the world. Whether you are surrounded by people or not. We all have our private internal selves...the thoughts and ideas that we don't share. I turn thoughts over and over ad over and over ....and who wants to keep listening to that? My therapist, that's who. There is a comfort there that they sort of have to listen to you. It's awesome. I recommend it.

No comments: